2016 seems to be a year of change when observing the IBM vision regarding the release of the new TM1 10.3.
During the IBM Insight 2015 and together with the announcement of the new TM1 version, IBM presented a new concept regarding the CPM Solution.
During the even a new generation of TM1 was also announced as IBM Planning Analytics (early known as TM1 Prism).
Guaranteeing to be flexible, easy and a complete solution, IBM Planning Analytics is a planning solution focused on the decision making process and with the ability to execute on planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and scorecarding.
IBM Planning Analytics provides self-service analytics through an innovative planning workspace that empowers business users to seek better business results.
The solution includes Watson Analytics to guarantee a self-service layer that provides insight on opportunities and risks, leverages BI reporting and the including of Excel Integration allowing he users to take advance of the traditional tool with the capabilities of Analytics.
Key benefits of Planning Analystics
- Flexible and scalable: IBM Planning can be leveraged by an individual, team and department or across the enterprise.
- The IBM cloud advantage: Complete cloud solution with a streamlined and integrated user experience.
- Security: Follows the most demanding security protocols and standards in the industry to protect your data. Integrated. Streamlined. Secure.
- Steer the most reliable course: Blend planning capabilities from IBM Cognos TM1 with predictive analytics from IBM Watson Analytics for more effective, forward-looking decision making.
- Advanced IBM analytic solutions available to meet the requirements: Complement analytics skills and experience with the powerful analytics capabilities.
- Predictive analytics: Stop throwing darts blindfolded. With IBM Watson Analytics the users will get information faster and be able to forward-looking decision making.
- Finance takes the helm in this new world: Finance-owned, self-service planning solution gives the tools needed to steer business performance in the right direction.
Key Features of IBM Planning Analytics
Planning Analytics presents new features from administration to modeling as also end-user experience:
- Secure Data Integration;
- Planning Analytics Workspace;
- Excel Integration;
- Advanced Analysis;
- Strategy Management;
KPI and Scorecarding capabilities are important features for Finance Performance Management. Planning Analytics has the capability to use score card logic in the solutions needed by the Enterprises:
- Status and Trend in cell graphics;
- Strategy Maps;
- Cause and Effect Analysis.
- Management Reporting.
Planning Analytics Workspace
IBM Planning Analytics introduces the concept of Planning Analytics Workspace.
Planning Analytics Workspace helps to guarantee focus on what is more important to business.
The new workspace is interactive and visually appealing guaranteeing a flexible, rich, interactive frontend to objects like Cubes and Templates/Forms.
Some of the highlights of Planning Analytics Workspace are:
- Creation of views and visualizations for analysis;
- Creation of compelling designs incorporating images, text, web pages, worksheets and videos;
- Search for data by typing natural language in the intent bar;
Taking the best bit of Watson Analytics front end, Planning Analytics Workspace allows you to do:
- Natural language search and discovery;
- Multi-Tab layout;
- Synchronization of all objects;
- Collaboration and “Pin to Share”.
All of these allowing for the best of both worlds with Excel/TM1Web for publishing and also to use/interact with Cube Views, BI charts and informational text.
With IBM Cognos® Analysis for Microsoft Excel the Planning Analytics solutions will benefit from the power and familiarity of Excel to enterprise performance management.
With Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel, users will be empowered to:
- Explore and analyze data sourced from multidimensional Cognos TM1 models, Cognos Business Intelligence and other systems in a familiar spreadsheet format.
Retain Microsoft Excel functionality and formatting while moving data between Cognos TM1 models and Excel spreadsheets;
- Share results by publishing Cognos Business Intelligence-sourced reports in standard Cognos dashboards and reports;
- Extend analysis capabilities to more users in your enterprise—so they can make faster, more effective decisions that drive superior performance.
Advanced analysis (Insight and Correlation Analysis, The advantages of Watson analytics)
Watson Analytics will enable the users to inform and evaluate the plan, obtain a guided data exploration and a automated predictive analytics and Infographics and visualization.
Watson Analytics will guarantee to leap faster between the data finding:
- Opportunities not know by the users;
- Unknown Correlations of data.
The users will not have to wait for future planning cycles to start analyzing data since predictive analytics will allow the anticipation of business decisions.
IBM Planning Analytics will represent a big change in the TM1 product since with will guarantee an improvement in data integration as also an improvement to the End User experience.
It will help to drive process efficiency and give Finance teams the foresight they need to steer business performance.